The Mentor Automotive Refrigerant Identifier is designed to maximize automotive AC system refrigerant servicing and maintenance. Mentor accurately analyzes R1234yf and R134a with proven NDIR (Non-Dispersive Infrared) technology for the identification of refrigerant gases in automotive air-conditioning systems. Mentor has been developed with 30 years of experience in the production of safety critical gas analysis systems and recognized globally as the best the market can offer for accuracy and quality.
The Mentor Instrument Kit is supplied with custom designed carrying case and the following accessories:
• Vehicle A/C connectors
• R-1234yf and R-134a sample hose, service couplers and cylinder adapters
• Battery charger
• Optional Bluetooth printer & Charger (Product code: SS980-KIT)
The Mentor refrigerant identifier plays an important role in helping to protect automotive air conditioning systems and service and recovery equipment from potential damage caused by the potential, and unknowing use of illegal refrigerants. The recovery of contaminated refrigerant can damage expensive service and recovery equipment, potentially leading to expensive repair bills or even scrappage. Mentor will prevent contamination of your refrigerant supply from illegal contaminants from refrigerant cylinders and customer vehicles, therefore stopping cross contamination of other vehicles with these illegal contaminants.
• Accurately analyses R1234yf and R134a.
• Identifies R1234yf, R134a, R12, R22, HC and Air as contaminates.
• Designed to meet SAE standards
• Provides VDA and SAE output.
• Rechargeable Lithium battery.
• Minimal loss of refrigerant during tests.
• Molded hand grips either side rear of case.
• Contaminant resistant numeric keypad.
• LCD graphics display.
• USB communications.
• Replaceable Oil Contamination indicator in front panel.
• CE, EMC certifications
|Refrigerants and other vapours identified||R1234yf and R134a|
|Design Standard||SAE J2912|
|Sample Type||Vapour only|
|Sample Weight||Less than 5 grams per test|
|Operating temperature range||+10 °C to +49°C|
|Sensor Type||NDIR - Non-dispersive Infrared|
|Operating Time on Fully Charged Battery||8 hours minimum or approximately 200 tests|
|Expected oxygen sensor lifetime||5 years|
|Test Cycle time (purge + test)||Typically, 140 seconds|
|Communication portal||USB 3.0|
|Printer Communication||Bluetooth 4.2|
|Stored test results capability||50 tests|
|Weight||1.4 kg / 3.1 lb|
A wireless 'Bluetooth' printer is available for use with our Portable Refrigerant Identifier.
Phone: +44 (0) 1623 651381